There are some things that just should not go down the drain! The City of Lebanon sewer collection system and treatment plant is a multi-million-dollar asset that needs everyone’s help to maintain. A big issue within this industry is the “flush it and forget about it” attitude. Flushing items that are not supposed to be flushed cause blockages in pipes and pumps. This could cause overflows in homes and streets and break critical equipment necessary to treat wastewater. We ask that everyone please help keep our systems working by throwing these items in the trash:
- Diapers and baby wipes, even those labeled "flushable"
- Tampons and sanitary pads, personal care wipes
- Cleaning/disinfecting wipes and disposable toilet brushes
- Paper towels
- "Disposable" contact lenses
- Cigarette butts
- Dental floss and toothpicks
- Cat litter or animal waste
- Toys, or anything made of plastic, including plastic coffee stirrers
- Disposable razors
It is important to remember that only human waste and toilet paper should be flushed down the drain!