Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
- Bob Therrien, Guardian
Term Expires: May 2024
- Bill Lapan, Deputy Guardian
Term Expires: August 2025
Establishment / History
On May 21, 2014, the Lebanon City Council disbanded the Soldiers Memorial Building Advisory Board and established the positions of Guardian and Deputy Guardian of the Soldiers Memorial Building. Guardian and Deputy Guardian to be appointed by the Mayor for three-year terms.
Responsibilities of the Guardian and Deputy Guardian Include:
- Directly advising the Department of Public Works concerning the general repairs and maintenance needs of the Soldiers Memorial Building
- Being empowered to solicit, accept and expend all gifts, donations, etc., based on City accounting policies, for the preservation of the Soldiers Memorial Building
- Promoting activities to showcase the Soldiers Memorial Building including, but not limited to: notifying the City Manager's Office of upcoming activities and placing notices of upcoming Soldiers Memorial Building events on the City website and/or in the City Newsletter
- Utilizing the resources and knowledge of the Lebanon Heritage Commission or others whenever guidance or information related to the artifacts and memorabilia presently in the Soldiers Memorial Building is needed
- Providing access to the Soldiers Memorial Building for any organization, including but not limited to the Lebanon Historical Society or its representative, for the purpose of taking inventory of or inspecting the condition of items on temporary or permanent loan
- Providing an annual report to the City Council on activities of Soldiers Memorial Building