- Your Government
- City Clerk
- Dog Licensing
Which dogs must be licensed?
All dogs living in the City of Lebanon, including puppies who have received their first rabies shot, must be licensed in the City of Lebanon.
Where and how do I license my dog?
Dog licenses are issued by the Lebanon City Clerk’s office during normal office hours. Please remember to bring your dog’s current rabies certificate and spaying/neutering certificate, if applicable.
Dog licenses can now be renewed online! You must provide your 2021 dog tag number (2021 tags were purple circles) and your email address. If your tag number is three digits or less, please DO NOT include the zeros prior to the tag number.
New dogs cannot be licensed online; please license in-person or by mail for the first time.
If the rabies vaccination on file has expired or the dog has been spayed or neutered since 2021, you will be asked to provide proof. The system will ask for basic information and then you will be required to further submit the proof by fax, mail, or email.
Please note, additional fees are charged for online dog renewals by a third party; the fees are not retained by the City.
- $1.50 transaction fee per dog
- $1.50 minimum charge for debit or credit card payments (if payment is more than $54, the fee is 2.79%)
Visit our Online Registration Portal
Please mail a check or money order made payable to the City of Lebanon with a copy of your dog’s current rabies certificate and spaying/neutering certificate, if applicable. Our mailing address is: City Clerk’s Office, 51 North Park Street, Lebanon, NH 03766. If you received a letter from our office, it is helpful to include the letter with your payment. If you have not received a letter from our office and you are licensing a new dog, please complete a dog license application to enclose with your payment. Download a dog license application (PDF).
When do I license my dog?
A new adult dog should be licensed immediately and a puppy can be licensed as soon as the puppy receives its first rabies shot. Dog licenses must be renewed annually by April 30th.
What is the annual fee to license my dog?
- Puppy (older than 3 months, younger than 7 months): $7.50
- Male and female dogs (not spayed or neutered): $10.00
- Spayed Neutered Male/Female: $7.50
- Group License for 5 or more dogs: $21.00
- Commercial Kennel License for 5 or more dogs: $21.00
- 1st Animal owned by Senior Citizen (65 or older at time of procuring license): $3.00
What happens if I don’t license my dog?
In addition to the regular licensing fee listed above, the following will also be applied:
- Beginning June 1st, each dog that remains unlicensed will be assessed with a $25.00 Civil Forfeiture fine. The notice of Civil Forfeiture is sent by certified mail and each owner who receives one will be assessed with a $7.00 service fee. Please note, this fee will be collected whether or not the certified mail has been signed for.
- In addition to the Civil Forfeiture and the Service Fee, a Late Fee of $1.00 per month will be assessed for each month during which the dog remains unlicensed. Late fees are assessed per dog.
- If you still haven’t licensed your dog by October 1st, an additional $10.00 fine will be assessed per dog.
- A summons will be issued for any dog which remains unlicensed, incurring additional court fees and fines.
What if I lost my dog's registration tag?
A replacement tag can be issued for a $1.50 fee by coming in person to the Lebanon City Clerk’s office during normal office hours.
What if I have moved or if I no longer have my dog?
If you have moved or no longer have your dog, please notify the City Clerk’s Office at 603-448-3054 or by email at email@example.com, otherwise, you will continue to receive notices about dog licensing.
Are there any rabies clinics in the area?
Yes. We have a small list available of rabies clinics that are being offered throughout the area in the coming months. It is recommended that you attempt to contact the sponsor of these clinics prior to attending, to check the price and verify if any other information is needed in order to participate in the clinic.