- Your Government
- Public Works
- Solid Waste & Recycling
- Regulation & Rules
Solid Waste Regulation & Rules
The following have been established as the general rules and regulations for use of the Municipal Solid Waste Facility as outlined in City Code Chapter 97, Landfill Regulations..
- Only authorized Landfill Users are permitted to dispose of refuse at the solid waste facility.
- Only municipal solid waste is accepted for disposal.
- All users must present their Lebanon Solid Waste Permit to access the facility.
- No person is allowed to scavenge on the property of the solid waste facility.
- All children under the age of 12 must be supervised by a parent or guardian.
- No person is allowed to smoke on the solid waste facility property. This is in accordance with the City of Lebanon’s prohibition of smoking on public property.
- Any person bringing or allowing a pet on the property of the facility must be in control of their pets at all times while on the property.
- Any person using the facility may only deposit refuse in areas designated by DPW staff.
- Any person using the facility must comply with directions provided by DPW staff.
- Solid Waste Division staff operating heavy equipment have the right of way on the Solid Waste Facility grounds.
- The speed limit at the Lebanon Solid Waste Facility is 20 MPH.
Enforcement & Penalties
Entrance into the Landfill constitutes acceptance of these rules. The City of Lebanon reserves the right to take whatever measures are necessary to ensure these regulations are complied with. These measures include, but are not limited to, inspecting loads and requiring users to segregate/remove unauthorized items. Any person or firm violating these rules is subject to any or all of the following:
- Removal of unacceptable material.
- Suspension of right to use the landfill for a duration determined by the City Manager.
- The imposition of a fine up to $1,000 pursuant to RSA 47:17.
- Forfeit of permit fee.