Our mission is to provide leadership, direction, and command over all activities of the Police Department, and to maintain a highly skilled, well trained and effective law enforcement agency.
The Administration Department prepares and administers the police and communications annual budget; supervises all functions of the department; seeks all sources of external grant funding; and assures the Lebanon Police Department provides comprehensive, full-service police and communication functions to the community.
What We Do
- To provide the City with comprehensive, cost effective law enforcement/communications, while upholding a professional image.
- To provide leadership, management, strategic planning, and administrative support necessary to ensure the most effective delivery of public safety to the City.
- To assure the department complies with all Federal, State, and local laws and ordinances along with Departmental Rules and Regulations.
- To administer, supervise and direct police resources in a comprehensive manner, which will assure responsibility and integrity in the process.
- To maintain a highly skilled, well trained and effective law enforcement agency.
- To participate, in a comprehensive manner, in all aspects of police and community interaction.
- To review and update Departmental Standard Operating Procedures
- To seek all available grants and resources, which will benefit the department in obtaining their objectives.
Message From the Chief
On behalf of the men and women of the Lebanon Police Department, welcome to our website and thank you for taking the time to learn about our department. I am honored to have the privilege of serving the City of Lebanon as the Chief of Police.
The Lebanon Police Department is a CALEA accredited organization with a professional, progressive, and dedicated staff. Our policing philosophy balances a foundation of traditional policing concepts, progressive ideas with an emphasis on community engagement, as well as solving problems in a coordinated effort with residents and businesses.
The Lebanon Police Department’s ultimate goal is to provide a safe, enjoyable community and improve the quality of life for all our citizens we serve. We strive to maintain close partnerships with all residents and businesses.
I encourage you to contact me with ideas, questions or suggestions you may have, as we are continually looking to assure we are serving the City of Lebanon at highest level possible.
Phillip J. Roberts
Chief of Police
The Police Prosecutor is responsible for the preparation and presentation of cases in District Court, Lebanon Family Court, and for the review, assistance, and preparation of cases for Superior Court.
View details regarding requesting police records and pistol permits as well as associated fees.