Camp Recreation, Arts, & Parks (formerly Camp K)
New Name, Same Camp Fun!
We are very excited to announce that we are upgrading Camp Kaleidoscope to move up to a brand new name moving forward and we will now be called Camp Recreation, Arts, & Parks. Even though we have a new name, we are still committed to the same camp goals and objectives for the summer camp season. Although there will be modifications due to COVID-19 and it may not be the traditional summer camp experience you are used to, Camp Recreation, Arts, & Parks will still be a summer filled with fun.
Registration will begin on the following dates.
- Residents on April 19, 2021, at 9:00 AM
- Non-Residents on May 3, 2021, at 9:00 AM
- Register online at LebanonNH.gov/Register. Log in to make sure your account is ready and includes your camper in your household account and you haven't forgotten the password.
- Register in-person at our office located at 15 Hanover Street INSIDE River Valley College. You can use our general registration form. You will need to call 603-448-5121 in order to come into the building and you can select any staff member from the auto-attendant to assist you with registration. You will have to have your temperature taken and will be required to wear a mask as well. Here is a photo of where our main entrance is located.
- Register over the phone by calling 603-448-5121 and be prepared to work with any one of us to answer questions and complete your registration with you.
Items Required when registering: All of the following items, if not completed at registration, will be required by June 7, 2021.
- Are photos ok to be used for publication or promotional purposes
- Medical insurance (Provide name and policy number)
- Authorized pick-up & additional emergency contacts
- T-Shirt Size
- Swim Level (Just in case we are able to add this back into the schedule)
- Month/Year of Tetanus Shot/Booster
- Allergies/Dietary Restrictions
- Any physical, mental, emotional, social health, development, or psychological conditions requiring medication, treatment, or special restrictions or considerations while at camp that staff should be aware of
- Under the care of a physician for the following current treatment (if any)
- Medication to be provided either prescribed or over the counter
- We are preparing groups ahead of time. Please have the name of 1 or 2 friends that are attending camp that your camper would be happy to hang out with all summer.
- $145 - Residents (Registration opens April 19 at 9:00 AM)
- $185 - Non-Residents (Registration opens May 3 at 9:00 AM)
- 5-6 Camp will have a total of 17 campers for a 1:6 ratio with camp staff for a total of 17 campers and 3 staff.
- 7-8 Camp will have 2 groups of 12 campers for a 1:6 ratio with camp staff for a total of 24 campers and 4 staff.
- 9-12 Camp will have 2 groups of 18 campers for a 1:9 ratio with camp staff for a total of 36 campers and 4 staff.
- Please note that with 7-8 camp and 9-12 camp we will have 2 separate groups. These groups will not interact with one another to ensure to not exceed the max group size of 20 which includes staff.
Camp Days: Monday - Friday
Camp Hours: 7:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Camp Dates and Themes:
- Week 1: June 28 - July 2 (Space Theme)
- Week 2: July 5 - July 9 (Steam/Stem Theme)
- Week 3: July 12 - July 16 (Super Hero Theme)
- Week 4: July 19 - July 23 (Pirates Theme)
- Week 5: July 26 - July 30 (Under the Seas Theme)
- Week 6: August 2 - August 6 (Dinosaur Theme)
Additional activities planned is a partnership with Upper Valley Music Center will be providing music lessons all summer long. Each week we will have a special performance coming to camp for a private show following social distancing and COVID19 protocols. A detailed schedule will be provided once we get closer to the season.
Location: Hanover Street School/Lebanon High School - 193 Hanover Street Lebanon, NH
Parent/Guardian Handbook: To be provided.
Camp Goals and Objectives
Camp Goals: Camp Recreation, Arts, and Parks are committed to the following goals:
- Safety - To provide a safe, nurturing day camp experience for children.
- Fun - To provide an opportunity for children to participate in healthy, educational, and fun activities during their summer vacation.
- Skill Development - To give campers the opportunity to develop new skills in a variety of areas.
- Citizenship - To help campers make positive contributions to the camp community through individual responsibility and leadership.
Program Objectives: Camp Recreation, Arts, and Parks are guided by the following objectives:
- Safety - Campers will be knowledgeable of safety rules regarding travel, field trips, swimming activities, use of equipment and supplies, and personal behavior. (This will be modified to fit the activities planned).
- Fun - Campers will be able to make individual choices for two activity periods per week.
- Skill Development - Campers will improve their skills in fine motor development, physical development, positive decision making, and social/emotional personal communication.
- Citizenship - Campers will participate in activities designed to promote teamwork and cooperation.
Leader in Training Program
We also offer a Leader in Training Program for ages 13-14. Learn more about our Leader in Training program by contacting Kristine at Kristine.Flythe@lebanonnh.gov to express interest.
Do you need financial assistance? We encourage you to consider one of the following two options.
- Contact LISTEN Services to request a meeting. Confirmation and approval of funds from LISTEN will be required to be sent to Lebanon Recreation and Parks at Kristine.Flythe@LebanonNH.gov; OR
- E-mail Recreation@LebanonNH.gov requesting a financial need form and a form will be sent to you. This form will need to be completed prior to your registration for Camp Recreation, Arts, and Parks.
Please contact Kristine, Recreation Coordinator, at 603-448-5121 or e-mail Kristine.Flythe@LebanonNH.gov if you have additional questions.