- Resident Resources
- Community Health Services
- Community Paramedic
The Community Paramedic is a regular full-time employee of the city within the Fire Department who is part of a Mobile Integrated Health (MIH) Agreement with Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center. The MIH Agreement was signed in December 2020 and is in effect until December 2023, when it will be assessed to determine if the program will continue for an additional three-year term. The Community Paramedic works with department administration and Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center staff, as well as the Community Nurses to implement the Mobile Integrated Healthcare operational plan.
See this article on how the "Community Paramedic Program Brings Care into Homes" (Dartmouth-Hitchock website).
Community Paramedic Goals
The Community Paramedic has the following goals:
- Preventing unnecessary emergency medical transports and emergency room visits;
- Following up with patients after hospital discharge;
- Preventing hospital admissions/readmissions; and
- Improving the overall health of patients.
The following services are provided by the Community Paramedic. Please note that Community Paramedic services are not intended to replace regular clinic visits.
- Care Transitions
- Chronic Disease Support
- Wound Care
- Monitoring Vital Signs
- Medication Reconciliation
- Home Safety Evaluations
- Other interventions within paramedic scope of practice
Those receiving care from the Community Paramedic must meet the following requirements:
- Be age 18 years or older;
- Reside in the City of Lebanon (includes West Lebanon);
- Have an established relationship with a Dartmouth-Hitchcock Health (D-HH) provider (Primary or Specialty Clinic);
- Have a referral from a Dartmouth-Hitchcock (D-H) provider;
- Able to participate in care (excludes dementia, severe persistent mental health), OR have a caregiver who can be present during visits;
- Will benefit from short-term medical intervention(s) aimed at an acute condition or exacerbation of a chronic condition;
- Are not receiving similar services from another organization such as Visiting Nurse and Hospice.
Jeremy ThibeaultFirefighter/ ParamedicPhone: 603-448-8810