COVID-19 Race Information
Update: 10/29/2020 at 4:03PM
It's true we are putting the final touches to the Virtual Shamrock Shuffle 2020. It's been a whirlwind. We hope for those who ran enjoyed getting the race done, and enjoyed your shuffle shirt. Anyone that ran the anywhere 5k, existing course in Lebanon, or the 1 mile qualified to win a raffle prize.
Virtual Shamrock Shuffle Existing 5k Course Top Male & Female Finisher: Overall 1st Place Male Isaac Trudeau (20:47) and Overall 1st Place Female Keriann Ketcham (24:28)
Virtual Shamrock Shuffle Anywhere 5k Course Top Male & Female Finisher: Overall 1st Place Male Matt Delmont (18:38) and Overall 1st Place Female Sara Vannah (19:30)
Watch the video to see if you are a SWAG RAFFLE WINNER!
Update: 10/20/2020 at 12:00PM
All Shamrock Shuffle shirts remaining were e-mailed the following confirmation: Please respond with ONE of the following by Friday, October 23rd. I will pick up my shirt by Friday, Oct. 23. I would like to pick up my shirt on (Indicated date) OR I would like my shirt but I am unable to pick it up by Friday, Oct. 23, OR I do not want my t-shirt and please donate it. If we do not hear from you by Friday, Oct. 23 we will donate your t-shirt.
Update: 9/8/2020 at 11:19AM
All Shamrock Shuffle shirts for:
- Out of state have been mailed to WA, ME, NY, CT, MA, AL.
- Vermont have been mailed for the following communities: Ascutney, Barre, Bellows Falls, Bethel, Bondville, Bradford, Braintree, Brattleboro, Chelsea, East Randolph, Jericho, Lyndon Center, Lyndonville, Newbury, North Springfield, Northfield, Plainfield, Putney, Randolph, Roxbury, Topsham, Turnbridge, Waterford, Williamstown,
- New Hampshire have been mailed to the following communities: Atkinson, Campton, Croydon, Dover, Epsom, Geln, Hampstead, Hancock, Hillsborough, Hooksett, Keene, Lancaster, Lisbon, Manchester, North Walpole, Piermont, Pike, South Sutton, Weare, Westmoreland, Windham, Woodsville.
- Shamrock Shuffle is complete as of 8/29/2020 at 12:00AM. No further refunds will be considered after that date unless notification or request was made prior to this date via e-mail to Kristine.Flythe@lebanonnh.gov.
Update: 8/24/2020 at 11:53AM
All Shamrock Shuffle shirts for:
- Residents of Enfield, Grafton, and Canaan we have partnered with Enfield House of Pizza at 554 US Route 4, Enfield, NH to have their drive-thru be your shirt pick up. Call ahead to ensure they are ready for you at 603-632-5800.
- All local non-residents shirts are ready for pick up at the Recreation & Parks office at 15 Hanover Street Lebanon, NH or you can coordinate pick up at the Lebanon Farmers' Market on Thursday from 3-7 by appointment to have your shirt ready for you for pick up. E-mail Kristine.Flythe@lebanonnh.gov.
Update: 8/4/2020 at 1:18PM
All Shamrock Shuffle shirts for:
- Derry, NH residents are available for pick up Derry REcreation and Parks at 31 West Broadway, Derry, NH 03038. Questions you can contact Derry Parks & Recreation at 603-432-6136 and must be picked up by 8/18. Thank you to Nicole and Derry Parks & Rec. staff.
- All Lebanon and West Lebanon residents shirts are ready for pick up at the Recreation & Parks office at 15 Hanover Street Lebanon, NH or you can coordinate pick up at the Lebanon Farmers' Market on Thursday from 3-7 by appointment to have your shirt ready for you for pick up. E-mail Kristine.Flythe@lebanonnh.gov.
Update: 7/27/2020 at 10:06AM
All Shamrock Shuffle shirts for:
- Gate City Striders (GSC) have been brought to Kent for coordinating a pick up for running team.
- Individual drop offs to Goffstown, Amherest, Bedford, Merrimack and Nashua was done on 7/25 at 11:30AM.
Update: 7/17/2020 at 3:00PM
All Shamrock Shuffle shirts for:
- New London, Wilmot, Bradford, Springfield, and Sutton NH are with New London Recreation Dept. Please coordinate with Scott Blewitt the Recreation Director at firstname.lastname@example.org to pick up.
- Sunapee and Croydon Residents are with Sunapee Recreation Dept. Please coordinate with Scott Blewitt the Recreation Director at email@example.com to pick up.
- Claremont, Unity, Lempster, and Charlestown, NH are with Claremont Savings Community Center in Claremont, NH. Please coordinate with Justin Martin the Program Supervisor at firstname.lastname@example.org to pick up.
- Windsor, Hartland, Westminster, Springfield, West Windsor, Perkinsville, North Hartland, Weathersfield, and Springfield, VT. Please coordinate with Justin Martin the Program Supervisor at email@example.com to pick up.
- Newport, NH. Please coordinate with Becky Merrow the Recreation Supervisor at firstname.lastname@example.org to pick up.
Update: 7/13/2020 at 3:00PM
All Shamrock Shuffle shirts for GRANTHAM residents have been delivered to Grantham Recreation Dept. Please coordinate with Emily the Recreation Director at email@example.com to pick up.
Update: 7/1/2020 at 2:31PM
Good afternoon runners, walkers, strollers,
Krissy here with Lebanon Recreation & Parks!
1. THANK YOU for sticking with us for the Shamrock Shuffle as we move into summer it’s become the Summer Shuffle in my mind.
2. I received my e-mail with my Virtual Bib#! Which means you probably have yours too. WAHOOO. Did you click on the link below to manage your entry and it gave you a big red box at the top saying "Registration not found." It’s ok YOU ARE REGISTERED!
3. What to do next? Follow the detailed e-mail from firstname.lastname@example.org titled - Important Instructions for PhoneTrak Live GPS Tracking at Shamrock Shuffle Virtual 5k.
This will take you through all that you need to do.
4. Skipping step 3 and diving right into downloading the app. That’s ok just do the following:
- Click on Race Calendar
- Go to NH
- Click on Shamrock Shuffle Virtual 5k
- Create Profile to register AND USE the VIRTUAL BIB# that was sent via e-mail when prompted
- Select your course option (Run Lebanon Existing Course, Your Own 5k Course, or Your own 1 mile) Are you switching from existing course to run anywhere option please send me an e-mail so I can update our system email@example.com.
- Setup your phone to be ready to track you when you run!
Need additional setup/walk through I’m happy to do a remote (Virtual video) as long as you have an e-mail and video options I can invite you to see what’s going on with your phone.
Be well, be safe, and I look forward to seeing who I’ll get to race against starting Monday! Have a safe 4th of July weekend everyone,
Lebanon Recreation & Parks
Update: 7/1/2020 at 11:09AM
All registered runners should have received an e-mail with the Subject: "Bib Assigned for Shamrock Shuffle Virtual 5k." The e-mail would have come from RunSignup (firstname.lastname@example.org). It would share in the body of the e-mail "Bib Number Assigned Shamrock Shuffle 7/6/2020 - 8/28/2020.
Update: 6/16/2020 at 7:28PM
Our Shamrock Shuffle is moving to a virtual format for both the 5K and the 1-Mile Fun Run. If you are a registered runner below is the email with all the details. If you would like to participate, you can sign up anytime by visiting LebanonNH.gov/Shamrock5K. Please be mindful when participating to still practice safe social distancing. We recommend running on your own. Please abide by all rules of whatever road, trail, or 5K/1-mile course you choose.
Did you realize it's TUESDAY the first time I sent this!!! Now it's Wednesday and it’s been 94 days since when we were supposed to have the Shamrock Shuffle? Hard to believe that this kind of pandemic was coming, and it’s also the 1st day we have an official stay at home advisory here in NH.
While we would love to bring walkers, new runners, competitive runners, fun runners and more out to Lebanon, NH we realize that we still want to be cautious. We know there are guidelines out for road races, staggered starts, and more. However we are choosing an option that allows EVERYONE to participate anywhere your Shuffle heart desires!
The details: Virtual Shamrock Shuffle
When: July 6 – August 28
Where: Any 5k or 1 mile fun run route you would like.
What: Benefits Lebanon Recreation & Parks development/enhancements for trails, parks, special projects and programs for adults and youth.
Fee: You are receiving this because you have already paid! Have a friend who wasn’t previously registered and wants to shuffle virtually with you? They still can visit www.lebanonnh.gov/shamrock5k for details and see the section below for route options & shuffle shirt info. (This means if a friend lives in a another state they can race with you!
- You must download the app called RaceJoy. More instructions to follow closer to the start in July.
- You must have RaceJoy tracking turned on when completing your route whether the 5k, or the fun run.
Registered Participants Route options & Shuffle Shirt: (FOLLOW all rules of the road & continue to practice social distancing)
- Run/Walk your own route anytime during the specified time frame above and once you complete pick up your Shuffle Shirt by appointment by e-mailing Flythe@lebanonnh.gov to setup a pick up time and location.
- Run/Walk the Shamrock Shuffle route and once you complete pick up your Shuffle Shirt by appointment by e-mailing Flythe@lebanonnh.gov to setup a pick up time and location.
- Donate your original registration fee and pick up your Shuffle Shirt by appointment by e-mailing Flythe@lebanonnh.gov to setup a pick up time and location.
- Get a race registration refund (less additional processing fee) and pass on the shirt. E-mail email@example.com..
- All registered participants who COMPLETE the 5k will qualify for additional raffle prizes donated by Omer & Bob’s, Stateline Sports, Blue Sky Restaurant Group, and Escape Factory.
Additional Sponsors that have supported the Shamrock Shuffle include: Allan’s Vending, Alice Peck Day Memorial Hospital, BJ’s Wholesale, Downs Rachlin Martin, Fujifilm/Dimatix, Goss Logan Insurance, Harpoon Brewery, LOH, Marsh Brothers Deli @The Little Store, Mascoma Savings Bank, Pro-Cut International, Salt hill, Sue Painter Design Studio, Tyler, Simms & St. Sauveur,P.C. and VT Pure. Please continue to SUPPORT Local businesses who help support amazing events such as the Shamrock Shuffle.
On a personal note this was a first for me; being the lead Race Director, cancelling a large scale event of this size, trying to figure out how to make this event work, and now going virtual. I have felt ALL the emotions and I still feel sad that we were not able to have the original race. However through this experience thus far I have come to realize that the most important factor in this event is ALL of YOU! Our runners, our walkers, and our communities. We made the choice to slow the spread even at its infancy and that was for ALL of YOU! You are our community and we thank you for your patience, understanding, and hope that we will get through this together.
On your marks, get set, let’s GO Virtual!!!
Krissy, Shamrock Shuffle Race Director
Update: 3/18/2020 at 3:05PM -
Any updates that I send out are sent with hesitation as information changes instantly. At this time we know the following:
CDC recommends no gathering larger than 50+ people for 8 weeks as of 3/15/2020.
The State of NH recommends no gathering of 10+ people for at least 15 days.
Lebanon Recreation is following our health and safety protocols for the City of Lebanon.
Based on the information above we can share our latest update:
Shamrock Shuffle we are HOPING for the date of September 19, 2020 but we CANNOT confirm 100% until some more time passes to learn more.
At this time you can do the following:
Do nothing, keeps your registration for the new date (when that is officially decided), and you’ll receive your shirt on packet pick up day or race day.
Notify Krissy at Flythe@lebanonnh.gov that you are unable to attend AND would like a refund (Processing fee cannot be refunded), OR you would like to make a donation and still receive the shirt size you selected. Shirts will be sent out following the race once the date is official.
While I recognize we are all living day by day with new information every minute, I want you to know that Lebanon Recreation is a resource should you find you need help with anything Recreation related or an outlet online you can visit us www.LebanonNH.gov/Recreation, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
Update: 3/13/2020 at 4:05PM - After further consideration and understanding the concerns of the community, the decision was made to postpone the Shamrock Shuffle to Saturday May 2, 2020. For further information call 448-5121 or email Krissy at firstname.lastname@example.org. There will be NO packet pick up on Friday, March 13, 2020!
Update: 3/13/2020 at 12:10PM - Please note for PACKET PICK up aka your BIB & shirt we will be following the following procedures: (Friday 5:30pm & Saturday 9:00am in Lebanon Opera House)
- We will ask you for your last name
- Find your bib and place it on the table
- You will then to be able to pick it up from the table
- Our goal is to lessen the 1:1 contact & keep social distancing as best we can.
- Once you’ve picked up your items we encourage folks to wait outside in the park, OR if you are waiting in the Lebanon Opera House that you sit a few seats away from each other/arm’s length.
- We will have bananas/oranges on hand but ask that you FUEL yourselves at home.
- We will have water stations and Gatorade, but please arrive with those items full and we will be wiping down water handles as well.
- Recycle shoe program will not be running this year
- Harpoon Staff will have individual cans for the after race drinks, and Salt hill staff will continue to follow all proper food preparations and serving. It is what they all do and do their best.
Updated: 3/11/2020 at 12:20PM - Lebanon Recreation is taking the following precautions for the March 14, 2020 Shamrock Shuffle to ensure folks feel comfortable running the shuffle.
Lebanon Recreation is following the CDC best practices for large events to promote the daily practice of everyday preventive actions which include:
- Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Clean frequently touched surfaces and objects daily.
At this time, we have sent the following message out to participants:
This may be your first stop on a short or a long car ride. Restrooms are located inside City Hall at 51 North Park Street Lobby, and on Colburn Park.
In addition, we know, and you know that COVID-19, flu, and other ailments are around.
If YOU wake up Saturday morning and just don’t feel well, please be courteous to our staff, volunteers, fellow racers, walkers, strollers, and more by staying home and getting better.
We will have hand sanitizer available at check-in stations.
If anything changes on our end, we will notify you ASAP.
Additional Race Day Precautions:
- Hand sanitizer will be available at each check-in table.
- Additional sanitizer units will be available in the lobby.
- Restrooms are available with sinks for handwashing.
- We have 4 portable toilets on Colburn Park with hand sanitizer.
- We will have 4 additional outdoor hand washing units available and hand sanitizer.
- Lysol wipes will be on hand for our results display as well as hand sanitizer
- In addition, we will be wiping down items that are touched often, such as water stations, and will provide bananas, oranges, and additional items individually wrapped.
As we evolve with information that is provided to the public, we want to ensure that we are taking COVID-19 and any other illnesses seriously. We are constantly reading information and looking to provide the best experience for all runners and the community. We recognize that we leave this to the best judgement of each individual to consider if they are sick, to stay home. We are trying to be careful and not under or overreact. There is no evidence of community transmission of coronavirus and the NH governor and health officials do not recommend canceling events because of COVID-19 (WMUR article link).
Should you need further information, or want to contact Lebanon Recreation & Parks call us at 603-448-5121 or e-mail Kristine.Flythe@lebanonnh.gov.